Ever wondered who creates logos, attractive posters or billboards for those Brands out there?
Ever heard of the term ‘Viral Marketing’?
If not, then you’ve to check this piece below!
What is Graphic Designing?
According to the American Institute of Graphic Arts (AIGA), graphic design is defined as “the art and practice of planning and projecting the ideas and experiences with the visual and textual content”. In simpler words, Graphic Design is art with a purpose. Graphic Designing is the presentation of information developed through a creative process for a particular function.
Graphic Designing is important in the sales and marketing of products and is a critical component of brochures and logos. Graphic Designers are hence sometimes, referred to as graphic artists or communication designers. Graphic design is a crucial tool that makes sure that you communicate with your people in an efficient manner.
What is the work of a Graphic Designer?
Graphic Designers create visual concepts, using computer software or by hand to communicate ideas that motivate, inform and enchant customers. A graphic designer creates posters, packaging, logo and marketing materials, depending on the nature of business. They do this through the strategic placement of images and text. Graphic Designers may work at magazines, advertising or marketing agencies and many more. Graphic Designers combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images or printed pages.
Qualities Possessed by a Graphic Designer:
- Computer Skills- Mostly, Graphic Designers use specialized graphic design software to prepare the layout and designs. Also, Graphic Designers need to keep up their computers/laptops with the latest software and technologies to remain competitive.
- Creativity- A graphic designer must have the ability to think out of the box and come up with unique approaches to communicate with her/his customers. They need to develop distinctive designs that would convey a noticeable meaning on behalf of their clients.
- Time-Management- It is the most prominent quality which is usually needed in every profession. Graphic Designers often work on multiple projects and thus must manage their time accordingly and submit it before the deadline.
- Analytical Skills- A graphic designer must have analytical thinking so that they may find solutions to common problems and make decisions about what actions to take next. Graphic Designers must examine how the designs they develop will be perceived by the customer to ensure they convey the client’s desired message.
- Artistic Ability- Knowledge about design elements, such as color and composition is vital, for graphic designers. Artistic ability and creativity are essential. The graphics which have to be prepared by the graphic designer must be artistically appealing to the client as well as the customers.
Why do you need a Graphic Designer?
No one can do every work individually without any help. Everyone requires some professional help and ideas to make things better and alluring. Clearly, one may need a graphic design to convey its message clearly and effectively. Graphic designing is a form of communication between your business and your audience.
And for that, you must need the help of a Graphic Designer as they are trained to be able to convince by their ability to attract the customers with their amazing designs. Graphic design requires a creative expert. They combine art and technology in order to communicate a message.
Some reasons that you may need a Graphic Designer are as follows:
- As it is said that, First Impression is the Last Impression, Graphic designing is important for a positive and lasting impression of any business. Good graphic design will ensure you make the right one. A business card, an online ad or a page on your website may be the first business graphic that a prospect may encounter, so any business may need an expert graphic designer.
- Creativity to stay ahead of competitors: Graphics Designing is necessary for any business looking to stay ahead in the competition. Create content in an innovative way that may solve a problem or promote an idea. Moreover, great business comes with great showcasing.
- For Building Credibility: Graphic designing is important for any business who wants to build credibility in their respective fields. A good content that solves the problem of the audience will make them trust your advice and start to regard you as an expert in your field. Thus, create content consistently to build a dedicated following of people who believe in your messages.
- Efficiency and Productivity: If the graphics are badly designed, it can have a negative impact on the worker’s productivity and the workplace’s efficiency. A business’ website is an area that should be perfectly designed and doesn’t create any headache or customers to surf your website. A practical design must have easy navigation, legible fonts, and attractive colors.
- Your message signifies: Every business has a story and thus it needs to be communicated to the audience rightly. Every single element in your design matters and signifies any emotion or feeling that supports your message.
Graphic Design is important because of its ability to convey a brand, a message, a story, and meaning. It serves your ideas in an effective yet beautiful way. Industries exist because their virtual messages are conveyed to the right audience. So, let’s sufficed to say that graphic design is an art that has a certain purpose and objective. Life would indeed be uninteresting and clueless without the designers and their talents.
As the idiom says, ‘A picture is worth a thousand words’, for businesses, “Graphic Designing is worth a thousand dollars!”